Pine Street School is pleased to announce that it has been recognized as an Apple Distinguished School for 2022–2025. Learn more about this incredible accomplishment!
Educational technology encompasses the use of a wide range of digital tools, media and learning environments for teaching, learning and assessing. It provides opportunities for the transformation of teaching and learning and enables students to investigate, create, communicate, collaborate, organize and be responsible for their own learning and actions. It allows students to make connections and reach a deeper understanding of its relevance and applicability to their everyday lives. Through the use of technology, learners develop and apply strategies for critical and creative thinking, engage in inquiry, make connections, and apply new understandings and skills in different contexts.
Knowledge and Skills
The Primary Technology curriculum encompasses six standards:
- Creativity & Innovation ◦ Students demonstrate creative thinking, construct knowledge, and develop innovative products and processes using technology.
- Communication & Collaboration ◦ Students use digital media and environments to communication and work collaboratively, including at a distance, to support individual learning and contribute to the learning of others.
- Research & Information Fluency ◦ Students apply digital tools to gather, evaluate, and use information.
- Critical Thinking, Problem Solving & Decision Making ◦ Students use critical thinking skills to plan and conduct research, manage project, solve problems, and make informed decisions using appropriate digitial tools and resources.
- Digital Citizenship ◦ Students understand human, cultural, and societal issues related to technology and practice legal and ethical behavior.
- Technology, Operations, & Concepts ◦ Students demonstrate a sound understanding of technology concepts, systems, and operations.